Confucius said: "He who says he can, and he who says he can't are both usually right."
Or maybe that was Will Smith’s interpretation of Confucius’ words! :)
Either way, it is a great saying! It inspired me to write to you this week and remind you how important MINDSET is, and how it can impact you in a BIG way when you’re trying to accomplish your goals.
Living a healthy lifestyle is a journey. It’s not something that happens overnight. It takes patience, practice and persistence.
Here are a couple of tips to help you keep your mindset STRONG and focused on what you really want in your life:
1. It is important to set yourself up for success by setting realistic expectations. Set yourself up for success by expecting great things of yourself – within the bounds of reality!
For example, trying to cram 28 hours worth of activity into a 24-hour day isn’t realistic!
2. Remember that change requires TIME. If your goal is so big that it feels overwhelming, what can you do? Break. It. Down.
In other words: set smaller, less intimidating goals, and you will reach that finish line sooner than you think. I'm all about goal setting...Message me and I'd love to guide you in the right direction.
3. Find a partner in crime! Many studies show that when you team up with a friend or family member, you’ll be more motivated and more accountable to reach your goals.
Is there anything better than having fun while you work out with a friend? Or to have someone push you further and make you feel that competitive rush to do more and work harder?
4. No Excuses. If you’re in a time crunch and only have 15 minutes of time left instead of the hour you had planned, let me tell you: a lot can be done in 15 minutes!
Don’t make any excuses and do what you can do in the time you have.
5. Accept yourself the way you are and where you are. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else. Just compare yourself to the person you were YESTERDAY!
Take pride in knowing that you’ve committed to taking your life to the next level, and are taking steps every day to get there! Reflect on your past decisions. Let them be lessons, never mistakes.
6. Focus on what you can change! Amazing things will happen when you stop worrying about things you can’t control – and, in turn, take control over those things you can.
#7. Above all, stay positive and surround yourself with people who spread great vibes only
I love helping people create healthier lifestyles and being with them to celebrate their victories. Need help getting started?? Send me a message and I WILL help:)
Have an amazing day!