Have you ever taken a road trip … and when you finally get there, your body is mad at you when you get out of the car?
Like, it almost refuses to straighten up all the way and let you walk like a normal human being?
Your hips and back feel soooo locked up … and you end up shuffling like Frankenstein across the parking lot before you can move freely again?
The same thing can happen if you sit all day at work. Except not only do your hips and back feel locked, but also your shoulders and neck.
If this is something that happens on a regular basis, it can land you in a no-win cycle of aches & pains and maybe even injury.
It goes something like this:
● You get aches & pains because your muscles are tight from not moving.
● So you end up moving even less, because you have aches & pains.
You can see how over time, this can put some real limits on your lifestyle and even your health!
The good news is that there are some SIMPLE things you can do to break the cycle (and even avoid it in the first place).
Here are a few quick ways to get the job done:
● Move! Every hour stand up and move around for a few minutes. Set a timer to make this happen. If you're on a road trip, take a little walk during rest stops.
● Roll. Use a foam roller to loosen up tight spots. Gently roll any trouble spots to help break up knots. CLICK HERE TO GET MY FREE FOAM ROLLING EBOOK!
● Stretch. Your hip flexors can get super tight when you sit a lot. This can cause a chain reaction in your other muscles, making them get tighter or weaker. Keeping them flexible now can help you avoid injury in the future. Check out this “deskercise” routine that’s filled with stretches you can do while sitting: www.healthline.com/health/deskercise
● Be more active. When you’re not sitting, find ways to incorporate movement into your daily routine. Exercise, take regular walks, take the stairs, park farther away, and find excuses to move! Not only will this give those tight muscles a break, it will help keep your metabolism revved!
Try doing these 4 things every day for one week and you’ll be amazed at how much better you feel!
Give it a try and let me know how it goes!